Friday, June 17, 2011

A day in the life...

Somehow I've managed to write my tail off and have a normal life in the real world this week. Weird, I know.

Usually the only Real World I'm affiliated with is the one left waiting for me on my DVR at the end of the week. But not this week! I went to the mall (my daughter's sad puppy dog eyes may have influenced me) and then to a bonfire where someone actually dragged their christmas tree out and we watched it go up in flames. And you know what? Even though that tree was dry and brittle it took forever for it to go up in flames. For some reason they burn much quicker and cleaner on the news.

Anyway, on the book front, I'm hard at work on the cover for book 3. The title is playing hard to get, so I'll try and pin that one down too. As soon as I have those nailed down I'll post them. Meanwhile if you get a chance, two nice bloggers were kind enough to review Ethereal and Tremble for me.

Do Not Disturb My Books

&  Love Thy Teen Author

If you get a chance stop on by and say hello!

So what are you up to in real life? Or, what's in your to-be-read pile for the weekend? 

7 comments:

Widow Dyer said...

Hi Addison,

Well, currently I'm reading three books at once. The Iron King (Julie Kagawa), Thirst No. 1 (Christopher Pike), and Invincible (Sherrilyn Kenyon). All library books so I have to hurry and finish them before the return date, hence, my alternating a chapter at a time between each one. Also, I'm working on my first novella. Actually my first attempt at finishing a project. I've had many false starts and choked in the middle. So I thought maybe it was best to crawl before I walk. So novella (40,000 words or less) it is.

Anyway, keep up the great work.

Peace,
Widow
http://widowdyer.blogspot.com/

Addison Moore said...

Widow Dyer - I luv my library. I could never afford to read all of the books I do without them! Good luck with the novella! There's nothing as exhilarating as crafting your first work!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

I have a love-hate relationship with my kindle. I love reading, and the fact that I have this tiny bookstore at my fingertips is like a dream come true! But it has definitely affected my budget and my work ethic. I'm thinking that taking my kindle to work is a bad idea...

Addison Moore said...

Jenn - I take my Kindle everywhere! I can't help it, I'm totally addicted and yes, the Kindle bookstore can break the bank on occasion, but I love to read so much I almost don't mind. ;)

Melissa said...

It's amazing that your books are so inexpensive. I would gladly pay $9.99 like most bestsellers are priced. I feel like I'm stealing at only $2.99. I've spent more on books that weren't nearly as good.

Addison Moore said...

Mel-B - That's so nice of you to say, thank you! I don't mind the 2.99 price point, although I will admit the .99 price point does hurt a little. lol. I guess it comes with the territory of being an indie. Plus, deep inside I love a good deal and if I can give that to someone else that's a good feeling too. ;)